Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Catching the Moments

Not only does Jurate Bang create exciting and carefree sketches, but she also takes wonderful photographs. Unlike traditional portraits and landscapes Bang's photographs capture small and innocent moments, which seem to translate into a bigger story. Flipping through her photos is like watching stills from a movie and creating the dialogue in your head.

When asked to describe her work in Blanket Magazine Bang said, "Like snow on a slope that looks like sugar on a cake." An interesting way to describe work...sounds like a person I would like to meet.


See more Jurate Bang.

9 comments:

Jan said...

I like how that shoe she sketched, is looking like its in motion. Her photos though simple, make you want to stare at them for a long time and try to figure out your own thoughts on them. Really nice. Thanks Pleasie. That is my new nickname for you.

littlebyrd said...

I love it when people can describe their work like that. The pictures are really cool!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

really great photos and such a wonderful description :)

please sir said...

Thanks - I agree - the photos are great!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I like them! They really capture the essence of every day life. Small moments.

xo

PS. I love that house you posted below, too!

SimplyGrove said...

I love the sneaker sketch! I seriously would put that in my sons room in a heartbeat. hmmmm

Mrs.French said...

The second sketch and last photo...PERFECT!

.girl ferment. said...

I really like the mystery of her work, the unconventional framing. Challenges us to process a bit more but still being great eye candy.

please sir said...

girl ferment - what a wonderful way of putting it - I agree.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Even if I don't get a chance to respond please know that I read and appreciate your thoughts. Every comment counts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails