Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Vanilla Bug

Amy over at tummy-ache sent me a lovely e-mail with a link to her newly released jewelry line on vanilla bug. Each piece is made of clay and cut and indented entirely by hand. The hot air balloon brooch is adorable and the doily brooch would be a great detail for a blouse.

Amy also has another project going at the moment called Bakers Dozen, a small online shop featuring work by 13 wonderful artists from around the world. Each artist was asked to create an object in a limited edition of 13 (hence bakers dozen..) to sell exclusively through the shop. The project is ongoing, so Amy is always looking for participants for future rounds. Contact Amy on the Bakers Dozen website.

10 comments:

Wondering Helen said...

Not only do I love the brooches, but I love those blouses, too! And Bakers Dozen sounds like a wonderful idea (and the perfect name). Thanks for bringing my attention to this.

Jan said...

I had to sort of chuckle here, because the first picture looked like a possible head for the second picture :) That's just how I see things. ugh.

Love brooches too. They went out of style for a bit, and glad to see them back.

Cindy said...

her work is wonderful! i also love the tiny canvases and her felt tipis.

jae said...

Clever idea...will go check out the bakers dozen...thanks.

hmstrjam said...

oh i love the white clay! off to check it out- i love bakers dozen!

Victoria said...

very sweet.

Sara Christine said...

So I'm totally digging the brooch trend, but I just don't know how to wear one. I feel silly when I try to put one anywhere except the strap of a tote bag. The hot air balloon is SO cute though!

dee said...

Her jewelry is so sweet! And I love the idea behind Baker's Dozen:)

Ms Unreliable said...

That hot air balloon brooch is the COOLEST THING EVER!

Lynne said...

Ooh lovely - I actually love the blouses too!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Even if I don't get a chance to respond please know that I read and appreciate your thoughts. Every comment counts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails