Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ethnic Inspired

After Kathryn M. Ireland's post I'm still thinking about ethnic inspired prints, colors and places. If you're a daily reader of Please Sir you know I tend to like retro-modern-cozy spaces (or I'm all over the place!), but I see the potential for ethnic touches in an interior for conversation and comfort. Let's go in a different direction this week and explore the possibilities of ethnic inspiration. Anthropologie is a great start because they always have a fresh take on using ethnic influence in fashion and home without going overboard. I think that's the key...ethnic is a great look, but in moderation. Pack your bags for a little sightseeing!

10 comments:

resolute twig said...

I love it! especially all the bright colors and amazing doorways.

Mallory - Miss Malaprop said...

It seems like I'm seeing a lot of Indian and Middle Eastern inspired design, both in fashion and interiors, lately, and I'm loving it. I love the mix of color and pattern!

Good Girls Studio said...

I sooo want to nap in that hammock! Love some anthro for their photo shoots :)

Eleni Psyllaki said...

oh, I love ethnic! And one can definitely see some retro in most ethnic inspired places.

bikim said...

love love love!
Rosa

bronwyn said...

Gorgeous colors!

Deniz said...

I completely agree with you!
love the photos, off to check anthropologie

Megan @ Pink O'Clock said...

these are GORGEOUS!

Merz Design said...

Very impressive!
Thanks for your presentation and I appreciate that!
Keep up your good work. I will come here regularly for news.

Unknown said...

COOL SERIES & COOL SELECTION ON YOUR TRENDY BLOG, BRAVO, STÉPHANE OF WWW.LUXE-ET-VANITES.BLOGSPOT.COM
( I f you like my blog gallery, share it, leave a comment or be a follower...)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Even if I don't get a chance to respond please know that I read and appreciate your thoughts. Every comment counts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails