Saturday, October 16, 2010

Luke Miller Buchanan


Local Raleigh artist, Luke Miller Buchanan, creates paintings "focused on our man-made world." I love how he describes his work as,

"Stairways, telephone poles, railroad tracks, apartment buildings and factories are all prominent in my work. These are places and things that have been seen or used by thousands of people, each one of them an individual with unique experiences. These experiences, varied as they may be, share the same space. Therefore a street corner may be where one person met the love of their life, and also where someone lost theirs. A room in an apartment may be both where a child was conceived and where a young man died. These events are inseparable from the space, to the individual that experienced them."

The washed colors and disjointed perspectives add even more depth to the stories of these places. Doesn't he interpret and illustrate a place beautifully?

Link - Luke Miller Buchanan

6 comments:

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

I really, really like these.

Unknown said...

They are very nice. It is very true what he says about these places as a site for so many events.

Flotsam Friends said...

I love his work and how he describes it. It's so, so interesting. It's all how we perceive our space. Pruxxx

Ashley said...

I went to school with Luke and he is an AMAZING artist. One of these days I will own one of his works of art.

Melissa Blake said...

Wow, those are amazing!!!

Haley said...

Thanks for the heads up, I checked out luke further and totally fell in love with him err I mean his art.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Even if I don't get a chance to respond please know that I read and appreciate your thoughts. Every comment counts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails