Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sonrisa Furniture

I am FREAKING OUT over Sonrisa Furniture. My mouth is drooling over every ounce of goodness they have on their website.

Ten years ago, Sonrisa Furniture started recycling vintage steel desks, credenzas, bookcases, and chairs by stripping the old finish and restoring the metal and hidden beauty of these objects. Today they specialize in vintage steel desks and retro office furniture in hopes of promoting the industrial style for home and office. This type of furniture is completely my style. I absolutely love, love, one more time...love Sonrisa Furniture.

The drawers, those casters, and that orange chair - perfection. Metallurgy Desk ($895.00)

Wonderful display option, more caster love! White Industrial Cart ($1,575.00)

The clear cabinets on these are amazing. Metallurgy Small Cabinets....one of each please. ($590.00 - $660.00)

Wow...everything about this set-up is incredible. The glass, the metal, and even the medical Major Organs print. Urban Medical Doctor Cabinets ($875.00 - $1,100.00)

Crazy glam! Large Movie Light ($3,200.00)

I really love this Vintage Side Table...beyond perfect for my bedroom. Where can I get $750.00?


Yes please. Tanker Bookcases ($850.00 - $1,400.00)

Getting lots of work done. Classic Steel Tanker Desk ($1,500.00)

Incredible idea for a coffee table. Flat File with glass top ($1,950.00)

Had to throw these Small Tin Robots in the mix - they go perfect with my Robot post. ($22.00)

As I finish up writing I am still ecstatic over these insanely great items. In my head I am planning my dream house interior with retro-industrial looking furniture and a mix of classroom science accessories (with some modern thrown in). I enjoy everything about these types of objects - the history, durability, appearance, and more. Ok, ok...I'm going to stop raving about my industrial love...check out Sonrisa Furniture for more greatness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see these things at Yard Sales.
Will pick them up. Also, I noticed a MAP. Also, I noticed hands that are at flea markets. If you are clever, you can find these for pennies at above venues.
Do a little scubbing and polishing and W-A-LA - you have a $1,000 piece!

please sir said...

They have several maps available on their site. I can't wait to hang my HUGE NC school map in future dream home! I really love the end tables and white industrial cart.

Anonymous said...

Lamino Armchair - A Timeless Design

The Ekström Lamino chair was designed in 1956 by. It is an excellent example of this style with its simplicity and trademark curves and elegance, so much so that it was named "The Best Swedish Furniture Design of the Century" in 1999 and also won the I.M.M Cologne Award for best design in 2003.

With its matching four-legged ottoman, the Lamino is designed specifically for comfort. The chair and ottoman are covered with soft sheepskin, which can be ordered in grey, brown, white, sand, or basic black. The natural colors of the heathered sheepskin look naturally elegant when balanced against the oiled wood of the chair legs and arms.

There is a huge variety of wood from which to make your choice. Some of these choices include beech, oak, cheery wood, and teak. Also there are different choices in lacquered wood such as oak, walnut, and cherry wood. You can also choose stained, black beech. The large selections that are available will make this chair suitable for any home and also for any room in your home.

For an additional charge, you can pick a very nice, high quality leather cover for your seat. This upgrade is very well worth the additional cost. There are some other fabrics that can be special ordered. These include Tonus, Canyon, Tonica, Flora, Divina, and Hallingdal. The wide variety of options for covers, patterns and woods will be valued by buyers. The buyer gets to create their own custom option by mixing and matching the variety of options.

The chair is evidence that the Swedish style is gaining popularity over here. This style is easily recognizable by its pale wood and fabric shades, straight lines, and simple geometric curves and shapes. This style conveys a hip, contemporary, clean, streamlined look in any space. chair can best be showcased with Swedish styles utilized in hardwood floors, sheer pale curtains, minimalist spaces, and understated hints of gold and blue.

The Ekström Lamino chair is the perfect choice to compliment your decor, regardless of whether you are looking for a chair to add to your modern or an elegant center piece for your existing interior design. You can choose from any number of wood and fabric combinations available by visiting a store near you or accessing high-resolution photos at our on-line site.

The Swedish chair is the elegant but comfortable design from in 1956. design of the century in 1999 and comes with a four legged ottoman. Made for comfort, this furniture is upholstered in gray, white, brown, sand or black sheepskin to contrast with the woods, which can be oiled beech, cherry, walnut, oak, or oak/teak. It is also made in stained black beech or lacquered oak, cherry or walnut to fit every decor. Other options for this chair include fabric or leather upholstery in many colors and varieties.

Unknown said...

I love how these furniture looks, simple yet strong, just like the iron furniture I had in my home. To make my fireplace looks good, I placed some hand forged iron fireplace accessories to give it life. In my mudroom, on the other hand, hand forged iron hooks are placed for my guests to hang their coats and hats at.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Even if I don't get a chance to respond please know that I read and appreciate your thoughts. Every comment counts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails