Friday, May 16, 2008

Dreamy Lake Interior

For years my Mom and I have talked about the "lake house" in reference to a future lake house we will someday own. When we go to yard sales we even buy stuff and store it for the future "lake house." I guess it does sound kind of crazy...buying items for a house that doesn't exist. But, we figure why not buy these great finds now than have regrets later? Because WE WILL get a lake house (hopefully sooner rather than later) and it will need pretty things. Anyone else buy items for pretend-future-house?

When I saw the interior of this Swedish house photographed by Alun Callendar I thought of more ideas for our pseudo lake house. Mixed-matched furniture, classic tub, screened-in porch, and super cool sun area by the lake. I'm in love...oh lake house...where are you?

See more fantastic work by Alun Callender.

9 comments:

yasmine said...

that's a beautiful home! my favourite parts are the bathroom (i love claw-foot tubs) and the platform overlooking the lake. i love it!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

It is gorgeous, I think the monotone palate might drive me crazy though :)
That platform over the lake is to die for!!!

AMM blog said...

So pretty! It all looks so peaceful & relaxing!

please sir said...

I know - I want to be there RIGHT now!

MABELLE said...

Ooh I LOVE the simplistic beauty!! Such a gorgeous home and photography. Thanks for sharing!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I want a lake house SOOO bad. If it looked like this, even better. -Julia

SimplyGrove said...

Looks so serene!

The House That A-M Built said...

Breathtaking! You will find your lake house. It is real and it is waiting for you. A-M xx

littlebyrd said...

This is just wonderful! I want it!
You've been busy around here - I've got lots of comments to leave because I am seeing so many good things! Thanks.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Even if I don't get a chance to respond please know that I read and appreciate your thoughts. Every comment counts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails