Monday, May 26, 2008

Learning about Photoshop Actions

Lately I've been having lots of fun playing with Photoshop Actions. I learned about actions by reading through the photography blog Pioneer Woman Photography. She has GREAT photography and Photoshop tutorials. Check out her post on Actions. They really help bring my photos to life. Here is an example of a photo I took near my parent's house. I love the innocent and domestic look of the clothes hanging, but wanted to push the photograph further.

The original photo, not cropped.

Cropped photo using Pioneer Woman's actions like define and sharpen + fresh and colorful.

Using Pioneer Woman's Vintage action.

Using Pioneer Woman's Soft and Faded action.

Using Photoshop's default sepia toning action.

I like bright and colorful photos, but for this particular photo I love the Vintage effect. The final result illustrates the emotions I wanted to evoke in the photograph. The secret is out - now it's your turn to play! Check out more amazing tutorials at Pioneer Woman Photography.

7 comments:

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

I really like the vintage one too!

please sir said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh - fabulous! I know nothing - zip - zilch! - about Photoshop. I'm almost too old school to use it. But...just maybe...I will give it a try. The examples you show are amazing! I'm going to check out PW's tutorials now!

littlebyrd said...

This is so cool I want to know how to do it too. I can't even scan a picture and make it work so.....Still, I might have to give a try after seeing what you've done.

please sir said...

Definitely check out her tutorials, and feel free to send me any questions...hopefully I can help!

Jill said...

thanks for this great tip! i've recently been frustrated with my photos and realized i really need to learn how to edit them in photoshop. your photos look great!

Kathy said...

I love photoshop but am very limited on my knowledge of it (and my time to increase said knowledge!!:) ). THANK YOU for this info...I will have a great time going through her site. (I stumbled upon your site looking for info on photoshop.)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Even if I don't get a chance to respond please know that I read and appreciate your thoughts. Every comment counts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails