Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pretty at Liberty

It's always hard to sum up the glory of the Liberty Antique Festival, but this year it was especially bittersweet. Not because of the vendors or array of vintage finds, but because Liberty was a special event my Mom and I shared and enjoyed. Even though her vibrant presence was truly missed, I still managed to enjoy the day and discover lovely vintage finds. I was also fortunate to have amazing friends eagerly awake at the crack of dawn, walk through the heat and join me in the vintage hunt. They really are the best and luckily they scored some goodies too!

I know my Mom was there in spirit and she would have been very excited to share these great finds with you. So, let's begin with a little taste of pretty goods like the re-purposed doctor stand, chic table lamps, pastel colored glasses and an abundance of vintage aprons. The teal...oh the teal on that doctor stand...paint anything teal-ish and I'm sold.

Stay tuned for more vintage finds from Liberty...

13 comments:

i am pam said...

How much for the blue cabinet!? How cool and unique is that! Perfect for jewelry.

I think mom would be very happy with these picks so far!

littlebyrd said...

It looks like so much fun. Bittersweet, yes, I am sure. Glad your friends were there to go with you.

Cindy said...

i know it's painful for you to visit the places you went with your mom, but i'm glad you went and with your nice friends to boot. it looks like it was a beautiful day and i love the teal cabinet, which i'd fill up lickety split!

naphtali said...

Great taste my dear! Glad you had friends to go with. :)

Jane Flanagan said...

I'm so glad you went, though I know it must have been very difficult. Love all your finds!!

Mary Grace Thomas said...

It was so good to meet you face to face! Thanks for stopping by. I'm going as a shopper in the fall - so much cool stuff!

please sir said...

Thank you all for your kind words - I really appreciate it!

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

I am flipping over so many of the great finds you have posted. What a place! You've got a great eye for finding the gems, too.

Karen said...

It must have been such a bittersweet trip for you -- I'm sure it was nice having your friends along! How in the world did you go there and not buy up every single item you saw? I'm loving these pics.

Grace Sherriff said...

gorgeous photographs! The glasses in the stand are adorable, I don't think I'd have left without them!! I'm very jealous of all the flea markets there seems to be in America, England is useless for them - the closest we have is France! x

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

I love the blue!

Anonymous said...

The Bigger Picture Luke's GroAction search engine marketing is part of a consulting team created to conduct an economic diversification project.

Have a look at my weblog; seo company ranking

Anonymous said...

One Last Partnership Tip for an E business Start UpThe Partnership lessons ahead of you are important to optimize for the
keyword you have entered.

my webpage search engine optimizatin

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Even if I don't get a chance to respond please know that I read and appreciate your thoughts. Every comment counts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails