Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wonderful

Lately I've been on a little Marilyn Monroe kick and I love this photograph from Architectural Digest showcasing her retro interior style. AD mentions that Marilyn Monroe "occupied a series of residences, owned no jewelry and counted books, records and a picture of legendary actress Eleonora Duse among her most cherished possessions." Even after famous movie roles "she still kept a modest, one-room apartment at the Beverly Carlton Hotel in Beverly Hills" and was quoted as saying “I’m not interested in money, I just want to be wonderful.”

10 comments:

CashmereLibrarian said...

Love that quote, and wish I could adopt it for my own. But, alas, I'm interested in money (although I'm really bad at making it)!

picciolo said...

she certainly does look wonderful there, and what a lovely space for relaxing
: )

please sir said...

Oh I know what you mean. Maybe if we were all rich, we could say we don't care about money and just want to be wonderful too! Sounds good to me...

Amanda Nicole said...

I love down-to-earth Marylin! Such a shame that some people pushed her so hard to become something she wasn't really all the time.

Josephine said...

i love marylin, too, and think she was a lot smarter and talented than people give her credit for. i heard that the line, "i can be smart when it's important, but most men don't like it," was her idea for the movie Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

Michelle said...

Lovely.

Cassie said...

Love this shot.

Slices of Beauty... said...

Really love this!

Bryna Faye said...

That is such a great quote to live by. She sure had a way with words :)

KatyO! said...

what a fab photo of her!! just perfect

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Even if I don't get a chance to respond please know that I read and appreciate your thoughts. Every comment counts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails